Yes, you can!

Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2008 by Jalu in
0

I used to think that genius is stronger than determination, doesn’t matter how hard one guy try, he still can’t take his genius friend down. But now I believe its reverse, with determination and hard work you can be whatever you wanna be.

Here is the story, my roommate called Adam told me about his experience when he was in the orientation month of this program, so all the new grantees got time to adjust to new environment, and they got English classes there. One day, Adam tried to give a message to his friend who is from another country, let say his name is Pablo, Adam and Pablo are non native speakers and they just met by this program, the message which Adam wanna say is “Your brother phoned you and he asked you to call him back”, that’s it, a simple daily message, but Adam said that he needed more than one hour to explain those words to Pablo, Pablo didn’t understand what Adam said, because Pablo had a hard time with English, the rude sentence of that is his English wasn’t good.

These days, every one of us gotta give a presentation about a chapter of a book called “How to change the World?”, and guess what, last week was Pablo’s turn. And on that day, the fingers of God led me and opened my eyes, Pablo gave a magnificent presentation, they way he spoke and explained, it just beautiful. Easy to understand and it flowed nicely!

After his presentation finished, I just starred in silence, thinking of how wonderful the meaning of determination is. And Pablo became one of my inspirations, with determination we can overbear obstacles (read: classes and assignments, LOL). So yeah, just don’t be pessimistic of something what you face, don’t don’t don’t don’t don’t ever give up! (those are engraved words on the back of my iPod by the way)

Quote of the day :: “I can’t” isn’t a reason to give up, it’s a reason to try harder!

0 comments: